We didn’t get to be one of the best and fastest growing self storage companies in Western Canada by accident. Our secret is great people. We’re good because we have talented, enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who thrive on providing exceptional customer service. We are always on the lookout for quality people to join our team. If you are committed to offering customers the very best self storage experience, we are interested in hearing from you. In return, we offer a high level of personal responsibility and plenty of opportunities to learn further skills and expand your career.
We’re a great place to work
Positions are available, from time to time, at our 14 storage centres in Greater Vancouver and Calgary. Our goal is to match individuals to positions that best suit their goals, backgrounds and skills.
Maple Leaf Self Storage has been serving Canadian families and businesses for close to 40 years. We are a leading national self storage developer, owner and manager with over 17,000 tenants in our fourteen stores in Western Canada. Four of our stores are located in Calgary and ten are located in Greater Vancouver. We are a growing company and plan to open one more state-of-the-art store in the next year. We also believe in giving back and are proud to support over 20 not-for-profit organizations through our Community Partner program.
Customer Service Solutions Specialist (Full Time) – Multiple Stores (1 position available)
We didn’t get to be one of the best and fastest growing self storage companies in Western Canada by accident. Our secret is great people. We’re good because we have talented, enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who thrive on providing exceptional customer service. And right now, we are looking for a quality person to join our exciting and successful business as a Solutions Specialist. This individual will work at Maple Leaf properties located in the Vancouver and Richmond areas and will require access to a reliable vehicle.
First a bit about us. Maple Leaf Self Storage has been serving Canadian families and businesses for close to 40 years. We have 14 stores in Greater Vancouver and Calgary, and over 17,000 clients, many of whom we work with day-to-day. We’re a great place to work. Many of our team members have been with us for years and have had opportunities to take on new and exciting challenges along the way. We have a culture based on CARE and assist many worthwhile non-profits such as Children’s Wish, Starlight Children’s Foundation and Urban Native Youth through our Community Partners Program.
If you are a sales-oriented, self-starter, who believes in making a personal connection and who enjoys problem-solving, this could be your next role. As a Solutions Specialist, one of your main roles will be to work with our clients to find the very best solutions for their needs. This could include finding the perfect unit size, providing information on how to properly pack and store items, and connecting them with movers and other resources. You would also work with our existing clients to ensure that their storage experience is positive and memorable. Our goal is to ‘help people create space in their lives’.
Our business uses technology extensively, so comfort using MS Office and web-based software would be an asset. Effective communication skills and the ability to work with a small team is essential.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with our clients to recommend the very best solutions for their storage needs.
- Provide outstanding customer service in person, over the phone and by email.
- Follow-up on inquiries, confirm reservations, rent storage units, prepare rental documentation and update client database.
- Sell/upsell high-quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks and other moving supplies.
- Complete daily administrative duties and reports.
- Collect rental payments and follow-up on outstanding accounts.
- Perform daily inspections of rental units to ensure that they are clean, properly locked and client ready.
- Maintain property appearance by cleaning spaces, sweeping, removing debris, organizing moving carts, etc.
What we offer:
- A great career with an established company in a rapidly growing industry.
- Competitive wages and incentive/bonus programs.
- Career progression with vocational training, management sessions and mentoring.
- A fun, caring and supportive work environment.
- A comprehensive, non-contributory health and benefits package.
- A Company RRSP Savings Plan with employer contributions.
- Reasonable working hours – flexible shifts between 8:30am and 6:00pm.
- Life Insurance – two times your annual salary.
- Employee discounts on storage and merchandise.
Who we are looking for:
- A High School diploma and/or some post-secondary education
- A proven background in customer service and retail sales
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Good telephone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software applications
- Energy, enthusiasm and pride in your work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a clean drivers abstract
- Ability to work weekends
If you are a personable individual who enjoys people, new challenges and variety in your day, we would love to have you on our Maple Leaf team! Check out our website and visit us on Facebook @mapleleafstorage.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to in firstname.lastname@example.org Word or PDF format.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for an interview.