Are you headed home in between semesters, moving out-of-town for a co-op placement, or just taking some time off from school?
Spare the expense and risk of shipping your belongings home and consider storing them at a nearby Maple Leaf Self Storage centre. Whether you need a little space or a lot, for a couple of months or for a few semesters, Maple Leaf Self Storage makes student temporary storage easy and affordable.
How easy and affordable you ask? Most Maple Leaf Self Storage facilities are located near main roads and bus routes, so they’re easy to find. We also offer a special discount for student temporary storage to help you save a few dollars. If you need packing materials, check out the Student Multipack of boxes and supplies that we created with students in mind. If you need some inspiration, check out our tips and ideas section.
Hassle-free and convenient storage in your neighbourhood
- We’re local and convenient. With 15 locations across Western Canada, there is a Maple Leaf Self Storage centre near your alma mater.
- Students’ schedules can be busy and unpredictable. We offer extended access hours, 365 days a year.
- Semesters, co-op placements and visits home can vary in length. We don’t ask for long-term commitments. Store your belongings for as short as one month and cancel any time with 7 days’ notice prior to your monthly due date.
- Experienced staff can provide you with valuable tips on how to pack and prepare your belongings, including computers, linens, and furniture, for storage and moving.
- Choose from a wide selection of packing and moving supplies at great prices.
The space you need
- Choose the temporary storage space that best fits your needs: big or small, climate-controlled or not, exterior access or interior access.
- Our loading bays are spacious. Most are covered, keeping you and your possessions dry while you load and unload.
- Most of our multi-level facilities offer very large elevators, capable of handling large pieces of furniture. Your parents and buddies will thank you.
- We offer complimentary use of dollies, heavy-duty moving carts and pallet jacks (most stores) so you or your movers can easily move your goods in and out of our storage facilities. We also offer ample free customer parking.
- And if you need a break, stop by the office for a complimentary cup of coffee.
Stretching your storage dollars
- Our prices for personal storage units are very competitive.
- We accept reservations in advance with no money down or credit card authorization for over the phone or in person reservations. Personal storage units can also be reserved online.
- Pay your bill online anytime from your computer or mobile device, or choose automatic credit card processing to save valuable time.
- Billing is done on a calendar month, not every 4 weeks (28 days). Many competitors will bill their customers every 4 weeks (that’s 13 times a year versus our 12).
- We offer excellent prepayment discounts.
- You can pay your rental fees with cash, debit cards or major credit cards.
- We don’t charge a security deposit.
- We don’t charge extra fees each time you access your unit.
- We don’t ask you to buy insurance from us. You are free to use your own provider.
Offering peace of mind
- All our student temporary storage units are well-ventilated and, in most cases, climate-controlled. This helps to care for your computer, books, linens and anything else susceptible to temperature and moisture damage.
- We offer multi-layered security systems which include 24-hour digital video recording and security-coded entry gates.
- Resident managers are onsite at most locations.
- You get your own private storage room. No one can access it except you.
- You use your own lock and keep the key.
- Some facilities are equipped with additional security features such as individually-alarmed locker doors, intercoms in hallways, motion-controlled lighting and coded-access in the elevators.
Contact us to speak with one of our experienced staff. Together we will work with you to determine the best solution for your storage needs.