Do you have a classic car that needs a home away from home? Perhaps you have a RV you would like to insure and drive only in the summer. You might even have a camper, trailer or boat that doesn’t fit in your driveway, garage or yard. Whatever your reason, bring your vehicle to Maple Leaf Self Storage and we’ll help you find the best vehicle storage solution for your vehicle storage needs. We offer convenient short and long-term outdoor storage for almost any type of vehicle, from motorcycles to small boats, to RVs, or even a fleet of commercial vehicles. Please note that all vehicles must be clean and in good repair, and be appropriately insured. Cars, trucks, motorcycles and recreational vehicles must also be operational.
Your vehicle’s safety is top of mind
Storing your vehicle with Maple Leaf Self Storage takes one of your most valuable possessions off unprotected streets, and can free up your garage or covered parking. Our outdoor vehicle storage spaces are well lit, and there’s always someone on site during office hours. In addition, most of our stores have resident managers to provide you with extra peace of mind. We also offer:
- 24-hour digital video recording
- Fully fenced and gated areas
- A sophisticated digital access-control system
Hassle-free storage at affordable prices
We make storing and accessing your car hassle-free and affordable.
- Store your vehicle for a month at a time
- Get unlimited, free access to your vehicle during our extended access hours, 365 days a year
- Take advantage of prepayment options for additional savings
- Pay your bill online anytime from your computer or mobile device, or choose automatic credit card processing.
Did you know?
Many municipal by-laws prohibit RV and boat parking in residential driveways. And even if parking is permitted, the sight of large, bulky vehicles in your driveway may not sit well with some of your neighbors! Contact Maple Leaf Self Storage today and we’d be happy to discuss with you the best vehicle storage solution for your needs. Be sure to read our tips on preparing your vehicle for storage in the section below.
Tips For Vehicle Storage
Before arriving at the storage center
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly. Tar, tree sap and bugs can damage the paint if left on your vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Touch-up any paint chips and give your vehicle a coat of wax. This will prevent rust from starting on the outside of your vehicle.
- Grease the steering and suspension components of your vehicle. This will force any moisture and dirt out of the pivots.
- Change the oil and filter and run the engine for a few minutes to circulate the new oil throughout the engine. Acids in used oil will attack engine bearing surfaces when left sitting in the engine.
- Inflate the tires properly.
- If you have a boat, ensure that any outboard motors are either removed or secured with a specialized lock to discourage theft. Remove anything of value from the boat.
- If you have a cargo trailer, ensure that any items in or on the trailer are secured with specialized locks.
- If you have a RV, ensure that the vehicle can be properly secured, particularly if you plan to leave the vehicle unattended for long periods of time. Ensure that all windows and roof vents are closed tightly.
At the storage center
- Securely cover your vehicle with a breathable fabric to protect it from dirt, sunlight and moisture.
- Secure all doors. Make sure windows are completely closed.
- Use a specialized trailer hitch lock on your boat, RV or trailer to discourage theft.
- Store all items within the vehicle (i.e. bicycles, spare tires, tables).
The vehicles that you store at the self storage facility are the sole responsibility of you, their owner. All vehicles and any goods stored on or within them are not insured by the storage facility. During the move-in process, you will be required to provide the self storage facility with a valid copy of the current vehicle insurance and the licence plate number.